AQSIQ Announcement No. 186, 2012 Suspending U.S. Nuts from Sunland Inc.
Recently, the World Health Organization announces that nuts or nut products made by Sunland Inc. from the U.S. have been contaminated with Salmonella bacteria, and now Sunland Inc. has been recalling such products in 200-plus production batches, including those sold through the Internet, whose shelf life vary with the longest being October 2013, as described in http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm323824.htm.
To protect Chinese consumer health, the AQSIQ hereby announces its requirements as below in accordance with governing China laws:
1. As of the announcing date, suspension shall be applied to imports of the nuts or nut products made by U.S. Sunland Inc.
2. Local entry-exit inspection/quarantine agencies shall reinforce their inspection/quarantine efforts over nuts or nut products from the U.S., including those in postal goods or in luggage carried by passengers, and shall prohibit the entry of the products herein made by U.S. Sunland Inc. by mails or passengers.
3. Consumers shall be told not to buy or eat the products herein made by U.S. Sunland Inc.
The General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of China (AQSIQ)
November 23, 2012
- Joint Announcement No.75, 2015 on （2016 Import-Licensed Goods Catalog by MOFCOM, GACC & AQSIQ）
- AQSIQ-GACC Announcement No.165, 2015 on (Adjusted “Catalog of Inbound & Outbound Commodities Subject to Entry-Exit Inspection & Quarantine Agency”)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.39, 2015 (on Standards of Export-to-Egypt Industrial Products )
- AQSIQ Announcement No. 29, 2015 (on Phytosanitary Requirements on Wheat & Barley from Australia)
- AQSIQ Decree No. 160 (on Inbound/Outbound Special Articles Quarantine Regulations)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.16, 2015 (on Phytosanitary Requirements for Table Grapes from Australia)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.15, 2015 (on Phytosanitary Requirements for Myanmar Rice)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.146, 2014 (on Adjusting Inbound/Outbound Goods Subject to Entry-Exit Inspection & Quarantine)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.3, 2015 (on Imp./Exp. Dairy Inspection/Quarantine Items Adjustment)
- AQSIQ Announcement No.99, 2014 on Chilean Avocado Phytosanitary Requirements
- Measures On Trial Implementation Of Poor Credit Records In Foreign-Oriented Investment, Cooperation & Trade
- China to Extend Resources Tax Nationwide
- China Announces New Rare Earth Export Quotas
- GACC-MOFCOM Announcement No.58, 2014 on Paperless Clearance for Automatic Imports into Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone
- GACC Announcement No.56, 2016 on Processing Trade Regulatory Implementation
- China Announces Coming AD Expiry on Dichloromethane
- China Drafts Plan to Boost Green Facilities Development
- AQSIQ Announcement No. 186, 2012 Suspending U.S. Nuts from Sunland Inc.
- China Won't Change Rare Earth Policy Next Year
- ShuiWeiHui Notice No.6, 2015 (on Adjusting Consumer Goods Import Duties)